Who I am
I am a fully qualified Clinical Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist (DSFH, HPD, MNCH reg, CNHC, AfSFH), Professional Coach, Mindfulness Trainer and Mum of two.
Carmela is an experienced psychotherapist and professional coach with over 25 years of experience in personal development. Her understanding of human behaviour and organisational dynamics allows her to create personalised coaching programmes that are tailored to the unique needs of her clients.
With a curious psychological nature, Carmela blends a wide range of theories and concepts to inform her coaching practice such as:
- Psychometric assessments, to help clients gain a deeper understanding of their own psychology and how it affects their behaviour.
- Cognitive-behavioural approaches that focus on identifying and changing unhelpful thought patterns and behaviours.
- Goal-setting frameworks to help clients set achievable, meaningful goals and track progress over time.
- Positive psychology principles to foster a growth mindset and a sense of optimism and resilience.
- Mindfulness practices to help clients stay present and focused, and manage stress and anxiety.
- Strengths-based approaches that focus on building on a client’s existing strengths and talents.
- Psychodynamic or psychoanalytic approaches to explore the unconscious motivations and conflicts that may be driving a client’s behaviour or thought patterns.
- Humanistic or existential approaches to help clients explore their values, beliefs, and sense of purpose, and find meaning and fulfilment in their lives.
Carmela helps clients gain clarity and insight into their own experiences, leading to greater self-awareness and personal growth. With a focus on accountability and action she empowers clients to take positive steps towards achieving their goals.
Expereineced in Leadership and Management Coaching, Team Development, Cultural and Behavioural Change, as well as Talent Assessment, Development and Succession Planning. Carmela has worked within and as an associate of a wide range of sectors including; Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, Retail, Logistics, Travel and Tourism, Hospitality, Financial Services and Utilities.
Organisations include: Thames Water, Heathrow Airport Limited, Sainsbury’s, British Airways, Hilton, Toyota/Lexus, Kinaxia,
During the pandemic Carmela worked within her local NHS Psychological Wellbeing Service for adults, utilising her skills in providing evidence based psychological therapies for clients presenting with a range of anxiety related conditions and/ or low mood.
As a qualified Mindfulness trainer, Carmela has supported a local hospice, providing mindfulness and meditation programmes for patients and their families, as well as having developed workplace wellbeing programmes for clients.